All good things are worth the ridiculously crazy drive, right? Well this one definitely was. The VIDASOUL website totes an adventurous drive down a dirt road, however it doesn’t mention that you’ll probably get really lost because your google maps will try to take you down a different, dead end dirt road. But, alas, we made it and it truly was worth it!!
Because THIS is what you are welcomed by:
So, loved the livestock, but we wouldn’t recommend the drive without a 4 wheel drive or the like. We saw a Fiat not quite make it ;(
Sorry, sidetracked by goats, typical. Moral of the story is WE LOVED VIDASOUL, in all its secluded and modern glory.
The rooms are floor to ceiling glazed concrete and the decor and layout is ULTRA modern.
And more modern:
- “How ’bout that drive in?” The drive in was a little crazy, but we had rented a Jeep Wrangler so the drive in was part of the fun and definitely added to the Adventure of the trip
- Seclusion: ZERO cell phone service, there’s wifi though. There’s nothing around so you’re really left to reflect on the ocean waves and internally solving your problems. We think we could stand it for about 72 hours max, but it’s beautiful for those 72 hours.
- One of the most GORGEOUS hotels we’ve ever stayed in. Aside from it being ON the ocean, it was just so beautifully put together in all its modern delight. They could drop this structure in any city and it would be a hit, because glazed concrete surroundings are too haute.
- So many activities! They’ve got kayaks to use and down the beach there is some GREAT surf!
Short list of Downsides:
- The drive in: We’d do it again, because it was kinda fun, and we don’t hate getting lost.. once we find our way
- The seclusion: this is also an upside, but it’s literally next to NOTHING. They have a great little restaurant with an amazing ocean view and open air vibe and tasty meals, but aside from that you’re just surrounded by ocean